Today the Russian military must contend with a larger more modern chinese military on it’s border. If China were to invade Pacific Russia, the Russian military woiuld be powerless to stop it. The Chinese military is larger and in better condition and better trained. Russia would face the same logistical problems the Nazis faced in WW2. With out nuclear weapons the Chinese could not be pushed back. China is in need of resources Russia has. If China was able to catch the Russian Pacific fleet in harbor, and simultaneousely strick Russian airbases in the middle of the country, it would take Russia months to recover and counter attack.
Not only the russians have to worry.If the Chinese stop lending money to the US, or simply collect some, the States would collapse. US Government is already bankrupt (meaning, it can’t do without borrowing from abroad).
Russians can be the best of your friends, even if you have a bad case of Russophobia.
Russians live in the most dangerous neigborhood in the world.
This explains the recent upgrade of Russian Military.
LMAO @ you, testiculese
“If China were to invade Pacific Russia, the Russian military woiuld be powerless to stop it.”
1) The Chinese aren’t enemies. Russia and China hold co-operation exercises every year. If I were American then I might be worried, but thankfully, I’m not.
2) If, for some reason, China does invade, it will only be to be blown to smithereens. Russia stores the largest tactical nuke arsenal just to deter such a conventional invasion. They take the scorched earth tactic to a new level. When a brigade dis-engages and retreats, a nuke is launched, “scorching the earth behind”. The Chinese aren’t stupid. They are not going to lose everything and gain nothing.
“The Chinese military is larger and in better condition and better trained.”
1) Size isn’t everything. Asymmetrical warfare is designed specifically to deal with larger enemies.
2) “Better training”, that is a matter of opinion. Without a doubt, the Spetsnaz and VDV are better trained than almost any Chinese force, that for sure.
3) Better condition, lol, most of the Chinese equipment are watered down versions of RUSSIAN ones. Like the Su-27 and the J-11.
“Russia would face the same logistical problems the Nazis faced in WW2.”
1) Yeah right. Dozens of bases and airfields within the borders vicinity would present a real logistical nightmare. 2) Most of the Russo-Sino border is formed by rivers, and most of the rest is mountainous and deemed impassable to tanks and heavy equipment. Get past that and you have Siberia I think it was Rommel, who once described the North African desert as being “a tactician’s paradise, a quartermaster’s nightmare”. The Siberian tundra can be “a tactician’s nightmare, a quartermaster’s nightmare”.
3) Being on the offensive, it would be the Chinese that would face supply train problems.
“If China was able to catch the Russian Pacific fleet in harbor”
There is a reason why the Admiral Nakhimov is being commissioned to the Pacific Fleet. Adding to that already awesome firepower, would be the Varyag. Between them, they carry 36 powerful supersonic cruise missiles. If the Chinese ever try to “catch the Pacific Fleet”, those P-700s would rain down on them. And that’s just two ships.
I pity any country that goes to war with the Russian Federation, even if it is China. The losses would be so high that the CPC would have to worry about losing power. Russia will fight to the last child, it just needs an invasion to provoke it into doing so.
As always, an excelent comment by vorontsevich (aaya).
Comments are sometimes more interesting than the pictorials.
Well, I try to not post long comments, but usually whenever I read a comment from Testiculese, I just can’t help myself. :DReply
Historical border of the China proper is the Great Wall of China, and historical border of the Russia proper is Oka river (1-2 hours to drive to south of Moscow).
well, i have to say it’s a pity… no permanent enemies, no permanent friends, only permanent interests!!
Imperialism is not communistic.
Except when it is, which is constantly.
Anyway those islands were given to China not long time ago. Thanx to russian patriot Putin.
Doubt it was thanks to Putin himself, they handed Zhenbao Island back to the Chinese in ’91.
Nevermind, bad info…?
Yes. That was a bad decision. The islands were a small place, but is sent out a bad message.
TASS reports: Yesterday, drunk Chinese soldatesque opened fire on Soviet tractor, which was peacefully plowing the field on Soviet territory. In accordance with the peaceful foreign policy of USSR, the tractor only shot back and flew away.
Also heard that joke here in (what was then) Yugoslavia, back in the ’80s. :)
Please give us a break, this joke was heard thousand times in various forms. The same with radio. The same with radio “Radio Yerevan”
I heard different version: “The tractor responded with rocket artillery salvo and flew away towards Moscow. Comrades from Kremlin warn comrades from Beijing that if this situation occurs again, they’ll send combine harvesters instead!”.
chinese literally got their ass torn apart…
chinese were humiated
‘Soviet revisionism that entered into collision with USA against China has no future’ Collision should be read as collusion. The mistake is not intentional, is it?
Communist is Communist right?
Bullets are bullets
Interesting note: after one of the assaults against Soviet positions Chinese soldiers had found the battlefield scattered with burned out vehicles, charred bodies and detonated ammunition. Due to the nature and scale of destruction, they were convinced that Soviets had used laser weapons against their comrades. As it turned out, it was less sci-fi, but no less devastating “oruzhye” – rocket projectiles wtih incendiary warheads fired from BM-21 launchers.
I heard about this conflict, but this is the first time I see pictures of it.
俄罗斯译帖 - 热门推荐
双语美文 - 阅读榜
俄罗斯译帖 - 最新收录
国外优秀论坛 - 为您推荐
经验分享 - 阅读榜
目前收录国外网站8964个！ 网帖翻译931篇！ 辽宁11选五开奖结果查175首！
‘看世界’版权所有 Copyright © 2012-2013 粤ICP备12051437号-1
‘看世界’版权所有 Copyright © 2012-2013 粤ICP备12051437号-1